Dogs Go CUCKOO for Cocoa Mulch Can be dangerous for your dog(s) **
Cocoa mulch, made from the shells or hulls of the cocoa bean and smells faintly of chocolate This type of mulch contains theobromine, the active ingredient in chocolate that causes chocolate toxicity in dogs. Be careful what you put into your yard. Some of the signs of cocoa mulch poisoning include drooling/hypersalivating, diarrhea, hyperactivity, rapid heart rate, tremors, seizures, and dark red gums. The severity of symptoms will depend on how much mulch your dog ingested.